PHP version 7.0 or newer is required.
While not required, the intl extension is recommended, and some portions of the framework will provided enhanced functionality when it’s present.
A database is required for most web application programming. Currently supported databases are:
- MySQL (5.1+) via the MySQLi driver
- PostgreSQL via the Postgre driver
Not all of the drivers have been converted/rewritten for CodeIgniter4. The list below shows the outstanding ones.
- MySQL (5.1+) via the pdo driver
- Oracle via the oci8 and pdo drivers
- PostgreSQL via the pdo driver
- MS SQL via the mssql, sqlsrv (version 2005 and above only) and pdo drivers
- SQLite via the sqlite (version 2), sqlite3 (version 3) and pdo drivers
- CUBRID via the cubrid and pdo drivers
- Interbase/Firebird via the ibase and pdo drivers
- ODBC via the odbc and pdo drivers (you should know that ODBC is actually an abstraction layer)